Capture the moments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first couple of macro shots.... ALOT of practice needed lol

3 posters

Go down

My first couple of macro shots.... ALOT of practice needed lol Empty My first couple of macro shots.... ALOT of practice needed lol

Post by Nathalie Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:02 pm

My first couple of macro shots.... ALOT of practice needed lol Fleur311

My first couple of macro shots.... ALOT of practice needed lol Fleurs13

My first couple of macro shots.... ALOT of practice needed lol Fleurs12
Nathalie
Nathalie
Admin

https://capturethemoments.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

My first couple of macro shots.... ALOT of practice needed lol Empty Re: My first couple of macro shots.... ALOT of practice needed lol

Post by Lucille Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:12 am

This is a very good start Nathalie.  
Macro lenses have a "sweet spot" (like any other lens)  To get absolutely the most sharp results, and in macro photography, having tack-sharp images is critical.  A trick to get the most sharpness out of your macro lens it to shoot with your lens aiming perfectly straight at the subject (like #2 and #3).  (don't angle your lens up or down toward your subject)

Turn off your camera's lens autofocus.  As you may well be aware of by now you can hear the whirring of the lens as it tries to snap on to something, anything to focus on, and while it's getting frustrated, so are you. Autofocus is really amazing and does a great job until you shoot macro.
Of course a tripod for macro photography is a must.  Make sure you turn off the image stabilizer when using a tripod. With the stabilizer on it causes shakiness as it tries to stabilize.  The lens isn't smart enough to know it's on a tripod.
Use the camera's self-timer which takes the shot for you 10 seconds after you press the shutter button, so any vibration caused by you pressing the shutter button will be long gone.

Happy macro shooting!
Lucille
Lucille

http://www.lucillesphotography.com

Back to top Go down

My first couple of macro shots.... ALOT of practice needed lol Empty Re: My first couple of macro shots.... ALOT of practice needed lol

Post by Nathalie Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:37 am

Thanks for the great advice Lucille !!

IS!! why didnt i think of that loll.. we kept wondering why the darn camera would move each time we would press the shutter Smile that and it will save alot on the battery too loll.

When im working macro... I usually work with my laptop and the canon utility program.. wich lets me play with my settings and press the shutter without touching the camera.. AND you get to see on the computer screen your project in live view is a big window, so easier to see whats in focus etc..

Macro is sure a challenge, probably why I like it so much Smile thanks again for the advice.. keep them coming Razz

Nathalie
Nathalie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucille Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:38 pm

When I had an Iphone I had an app that did the same thing.  I could change all my settings from the Iphone.  It was fun.  I don't bother with that anymore since I don't have that Iphone anymore....LOL

When I do a photo shoot at home, I tethered off my laptop as well.  So nice to see a large image rather than that tiny screen at the back of the camera.  It can really fool you thinking you have a sharp image till you open it up on the computer.  

Even though you are using the utility program and not touching the camera, soon as the shutter is pressed the mirror inside the camera open ups and that alone causes enough vibration that it will not give you a crisp, sharp image which is critical for macros.  I'm sure in the utility program you can set the timer to 10 seconds given it plenty of time for the camera to settle down after the mirror opens up.
Lucille
Lucille

http://www.lucillesphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathalie Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:58 pm

I'll have to check. Not right now.. if I take out my camera out now... there goes my house cleaning for the day LOL

Nathalie
Nathalie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UliSeng Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:25 pm

Great pics! Flower macro (or any still life) is really fantastic for learning. The black background is really a great choice, makes the flowers pop.

1) boost the exposure and remove just a little bit of the empty space on the left.
2) love it!!!
3) love it, but again, it needs to be brighter

Great watermark, btw.

UliSeng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down